Simple & Cheap Ways to Organize Things in the House
Customers always ask us whether it is possible to request house cleaners to help organize things around the house. This is a very straightforward task, unless of course your house is in a severely cluttered state. There are very simple things you can do to keep your life organized. We have captured some of the more interesting approaches from Naya Lizardo’s book “Tips & Tricks to Save you Time & Money”:
- Keep your Key Organized: Use nail polish to color the base portion of keys. Lay them flat on paper and apply a good, thorough coat of nail polish. Once dry, repeat the process on the other side. You can repeat this process a few times as well if you want a very deep, strong shade.
- Organize Small Things: Use an old egg carton or ice cube tray to keep smaller things such as hair accessories, jewelry, buttons, safety pins, and similar items.
- Use a Coat Rack: Hang necklaces, belts, bracelets, ties, and other such things from a wall-mounted coat rack. It makes for much easier retrieval when time is short.
- Grocery Bag Dispenser: Use an old tissue box or an empty wet-wipe box to store grocery bags. It makes for easy storage and you can save money by not having to buy a fancy container. Keep it under the sink so nobody has to even see it!
- Organize Linens: Store your linens in one of the pillowcases so they don’t get separated. Simple and brilliant!
We will be adding more tips on our blog in the near future. These are just simple things you can do to make life a little more organized. Next time you are cleaning your home, or getting it cleaned through us, see if there are ways you can declutter things in a simple, cheap way.
Take advantage of our latest coupon for $15 off of select cleaning packages – available in most service areas, including San Diego County, Los Angeles County, Orange County, Riverside County, and the San Francisco Bay Area.