Natural Solutions for Removing Stains from Carpet
For those who are enthralled by soft, lined-vacuumed carpets, Stains are the bane of our lives. While they are a bit frustrating and annoying, it’s likely that something other than water will make its way into your flooring.
There are a lot of commercial cleaning products available that are specifically designed to remove stains; However, most staining issues can be removed by using the products you have in your home. Learn how to remove the tough-hitting stains and restore your carpet to its original splendor.
For most stains- including marinara sauce and soft drinks- follow these steps:
- Start with two bowls. Fill one with cold water, and in the other one, combine ¼ teaspoon mild dishwashing detergent, and 1 cup of warm water.
- Soak some of the soapy solutions into an absorbent cloth. Dab it onto the stain. As it begins to dissolve, dab intermittently with a clean, dry section of the cloth, and then follow by dabbing with the clean, cold water. Continue this process until the stain is no longer visible.
- Cover the area with a stack of paper towels and apply something heavy- like a pot or bowl- to the stack. The item’s weight will help the paper towels absorb any lingering moisture.
For trickier stains, such as wine, employ the following:
- Create a cleaning solution by mixing two cups of warm water with a tablespoon of dishwashing soap and a tablespoon of distilled white vinegar.
- Use a cloth to apply a small amount into the stain, and blot frequently until the stain lifts. Make sure to use a white cloth so that the pigment doesn’t bleed into your carpet.
For dark stains- like coffee- try this:
- Like any stain, it’s essential to start by blotting the stain as thoroughly as possible. Mix white vinegar, and dish soap (one tablespoon both) together with 2 cups of water that is warm.
- Follow the instructions above for Blotting the solution with a clean cloth followed by blotting using a clean cloth soaked in water, and then again using your solution, until it completely is gone.
- Use a sponge to get rid of any remaining soap. After that, dry.
After your successful stain removal, you may be looking to refresh the entire carpet cleaning services or even your home. Contact Weekend Maids, and we’ll get your home fresh and fabulous.