If you love the idea of home-cooked meals but can only fantasize about it due to a busy schedule, this post if for you. We will cover how to prepare delicious and fast meals for those days, weeks and even months when it becomes difficult to take a break from the standard routine.
You will learn how a little planning and organization can help you achieve your goal of eating healthy while taking care of your busy schedule.
Here’s what you have to do:
- Choose the recipes you want to prepare during the week
- Create a list of groceries you have to get for those recipes
- Choose one type of grain, three types of vegetables and one type of protein per week
- Go to the store and get the items you need to cook
- When you get home from the supermarket don’t put everything inside the fridge right away. Instead, chop and cook everything before and store in containers inside the fridge.
- Create a calendar with the meals you want to eat each day.
- If your recipes need a certain kind of spices, make sure you pre mix them and keep them ready for when you’re planning to use them.
- Cook a big batch of your chosen grain, roast/cook/boil your vegetables and protein and while all of those are being cooked, use the spare time to clean do a little house cleaning in the areas of your home that need more attention or simply to straighten up your kitchen again.
- Once the cooking is done, portion your meals into individual containers, add spices, or dressings on the side or in a smaller container and store inside the fridge once they’re cooled to room temperature.
While cleaning your kitchen on the go is recommended, we know that it can be a little tricky at times. In that case, if you don’t find the time to clean up your kitchen while cooking, or you simply don’t want to do it yourself, give us a call to schedule a regular house cleaning service and you’ll have a clean house in no time.
We hope you find these tips useful and wish you a happy cooking!