Weekend Maids was recently featured on Porch.com’s recent blog post on home cleaning. See our excerpt below and read the entire article here.
Keeping your desk clean is a critical part of having a productive day. I recommend you consider the following tips and tricks:
- Clean up your desk of loose items before and after every working day. Use a quality surface cleaner that is made of natural ingredients and does not have a distracting fragrance.
- Create a system to process your paperwork. Try to reduce or eliminate any “leftover” papers at the end of every day. I know this is easier said than done, but creating this “system” is going to help you immensely in staying clutter-free.
- Have folders for every category and year. Folders are a great way to keep loose papers off of your desk. Also, be sure to label your folders.
- Try to eat meals away from your desk. This will not only ensure your desk stays clean of food debris, but will help you focus on your meal and take your mind off of work for a short while. Everyone needs a mental break from the day.
- Digitize paperwork that is not physically needed. I highly recommend investing in a two-sided scanner that can immediately convert your scans into PDF documents. I have used the same scanner now for seven years and it has more than paid for itself.
- Have a specific tray for your incoming mail and be sure to throw out junk mail immediately.
These are just a few tips and tricks to help you on your way to having a clean desk and workspace. Remember, a clean work space will lead to peace of mind. Until next time!