We hope you had a good St. Patrick’s Day this year. While Californians may have a hard time competing against East Coasters in terms of pomp and grandeur, we do come up with some cool ideas to celebrate the event. Here are some interesting and truly California-esque recipes for you to try. You don’t need St. Patrick’s Day to come around to enjoy good food and drink!
- Spring Green Guacamole – this recipe is about as California as it gets. Rather than using avocados, which we get plenty of in California, this recipe calls for peas. It is actually quite good!
- Zucchini and Potato Pancakes – this recipe is oh-so-good, and healthy to boot. Two veggie dishes in a row – is that California enough for you?
- Cabbage and Sausage Casserole – it really cannot get any easier than this one; it just requies four ingredients. Casseroles are my personal favorite as all the ingredients blend together over time to create a wonderfully new set of flavors. As Ron Popeil would say, “set it and forget it”.
- Easy Shepherd’s Pie – We love things to be easy and this pie recipe is super simple. Instead of using a flour-based crust this recipe calls for a simple mixture of potatoes and cheese. Yumm.
And what St. Patricks Day would be complete without some libations?! Here are some of our favorite, though one has never needed a drink to be green in order to enjoy it 🙂
- Midora Mimosa – a great and simple recipe that calls for just a handful of ingredients. The sweetness of the champagne mixed with the sourness of Midori makes a great combination.
- Skinny Mojito – Any cocktail with mint has got to be good – and what could be better than a take on the classic mojito. This recipe calls for Starr African Rum but we are sure you could get a comparable taste with something more readily available.
- Pickle Back – Believe it! Take a shot of bourbon or Irish whiskey and follow it with a shot of pickle brine. It’s legendary. Really.
- Lunar Leprechaun – the name itself is enough to make one curious. Enjoy!
Finally, after all the celebrations are over you will need somebody to clean up all the mess. We can help. There is no better way to nurse the hangover than with a professional house cleaning. It is just one less thing you will need to worry about. Call us any day of the week to get a free, zero-pressure house cleaning or carpet cleaning estimate over the phone!