Did you ran out of ideas to celebrate this Valentine’s Day? Here is a quick and easy snack recipe to surprise your loved ones on this special day. It’s the perfect surprise for your special one, for teacher’s gifts, for children, and the best of all it’s easy to make!
Here’s what you will need:
- 2 bags of microwave popcorn
- ¼ cup of corn syrup
- ½ cup of granulated sugar
- ¼ cup of butter
- 1 packet of strawberry gelatin
- 1 ½ cups of white melting chocolate wafers
- 1 ½ cups of assorted Valentine’s Day candies
- 1 flat baking pan
- Microwave the popcorn for 3 minutes and pour them over a bowl
- Melt the butter in a pan over low heat, add the corn syrup and stir
- Add the sugar and packet of gelatin to the butter pan and stir until it thickens a little bit.
- Add the syrup to the popcorn and stir until the popcorn is coated in the syrup.
- Spread the popcorn on a flat baking pan and bake for 15 minutes at 300 F and let it cool
- Place the pink popcorn in a bowl
- Melt the white chocolate in the microwave until the consistency is smooth
- Add the colored popcorn to the white chocolate and stir until they’re covered.
- Spread the popcorn in the flat baking pan again and let it cool
- While the white chocolate is cooling down, sprinkle a variety of your favorite Valentine’s Day candies, pressing down a little so that it sticks to the chocolate.
- Refrigerate for 20 minutes, place them in a romantic bowl and they’re ready to eat!
This recipe is amazingly delicious and also incredible easy to do. The only downside to this is the cleaning to be done afterwards because no matter how careful you are not to spill chocolate all over your kitchen you will finish with the sweetest kitchen mess. Of course there is always a solution to that: professional housecleaning!
Give us a call to learn more about the house cleaning services we offer!